Gift of Music
‘Gift of Music’
The Musica Kirklees ‘Gift of Music’ Sponsorship Scheme mainly focuses on 7-14 year old children who demonstrate significant musical talent, potential and commitment, but whose families have significant financial barriers which prevent them from being able to afford regular, ongoing musical tuition. Children should attend a non-fee-paying, Kirklees school (or be resident in Kirklees) and will usually be nominated by their music leader in school (and/or Musica Kirklees teacher as appropriate) with a letter of support from their head teacher or equivalent.
We aim to help as many young people as possible through this bursary scheme which is part of our drive in Kirklees to give opportunities to young people in difficult or challenging circumstances.
How you can support us in this work:
- By making a donation to this scheme, you can support young musicians now and keep music alive for the future
- We are grateful for donations of any size and you can give as an individual, a business, an organisation etc
- Musica Kirklees is a registered charity and has already been nominated by some local organisations
What your donation can cover:
We are grateful for donations of any size. The figures below are to explain how your gift will be allocated.
- Every £350 will cover shared lesson tuition and music centre ensemble costs for one child for a year
- Every £600 will provide a child with a 20 minute individual lesson, music centre membership and a contribution towards the cost of an instrument and music
- Every £1,200 we raise will fund an annual bursary for two years and will contribute towards the purchase of an instrument and music
Our Ambition is to award as many bursaries each academic year as funds permit and to enable bursaries to be sustainable to provide continued support for individuals year on year.
Musica Kirklees ‘Gift of Music’ Sponsor benefits:
- Certificate of support
- Termly newsletter
- Invitations to Showcase Performances and Special Events
- Acknowledgment in printed matter and on our website (optional)
What does the student receive?
- Sustained high quality instrumental provision from a specialist teacher in a weekly individual or group lesson
- Attendance at weekly music centre/central ensemble rehearsals
- Regular high profile, high quality performance opportunities
- Opportunities to progress to higher levels of musical achievement
To download a 'Gift of Music' supporters form please click here.