The Kirklees Hub
Music Education Hubs (MEH) are now in their third year and, as the lead organisation for the MEH in Kirklees, Musica Kirklees is charged with delivering a wide range of in and out of school programmes aimed at giving children and young people in our area the opportunity to sing, learn to play musical instruments and join in with group music making activities and make progress.
The Kirklees Music Education Hub is a vibrant partnership between schools and a wide variety of organisations involved in the provision of music from choirs and ensembles to retailers and recording studios. This will be a constantly evolving body and we would love to hear from musical organisations who feel they have something to offer the residents of Kirklees.
We are one of 122 Music Education Hubs funded by Arts Council England and are committed to working with schools and partners to:
- Ensure that every child aged 5 to 18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (other than voice) through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes for ideally a year (but for a minimum of a term) of weekly tuition on the same instrument.
- Provide opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage.
- Ensure that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people.
- Develop a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil is singing regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area.
Please click on the links below for more information.
- Brass Bands
- Junior Choirs
- Kirklees Festivals
- Ladies Voice Choirs
- Male Voices Choir
- Mixed Vocal Groups
- Musical Opportunities
- Other Ensembles
- Pre-School and Early Years
- Rehearsal and Recording Studios